The KATS 2018 Classic Championship will be the final showdown between the top 25 eligible anglers (the top 25 from the classic leaderboard). To be eligible for the Classic Elite Series, you must have participated in a minimum of 5 of the 7 regular season events. The Classic Champion will be earned with the highest combined scores from two days of fishing. Additionally, an award will be given to the King of the Fish, the angler with the 5 biggest fish scored over the entire series (including classic event). To earn points towards participation in the Classic Championship you must earn them by competing in the Pro Division.
Dates & Location:
This years Championship will be a two-day event, October 27th – 28th at Lake Buchanan.
Captain’s Meetings, Weigh Ins and camping will be at Black Rock Park on Lake Buchanan. Camp sites will need to be reserved ahead of time, cost is $12/day for tent camping or $47/day for a 5 person cabin. Camping reservations at Black Rock Park can be made online or over the phone. Full park info can be found here.
A mandatory captain’s meeting will be held each morning before anglers launch. Captains Meeting will be at 5am both mornings with anglers launching after check in. Weigh in will be at 4pm both days. All anglers must be back and in line at Black Rock Park by 4pm.
Launch Info: This will be a road runner (must attend Captain’s meeting). Launch points must be readily available to all contestants and must be considered public access. Marinas and Ramps that require a fee are fine as long as any participant has the same opportunity to pay and launch. Homeowners with ramps are not considered to be “public access” for this purpose, even if a fee is charged. Public, Legal, Equal Access!
ACK will provide food Friday and Saturday evening for all participants.
- Off-Limits Rules: 1 month off-limits (starting September 27th, 2018) – Lake will open for pre fishing the day before Classic starts (October 26th, 2018)
- Regular season power boat pre fishing rules will apply.
- Scoring will be based on competitors’ best 5 fish from each day.
- Winning: The Classic Champion will have the largest stringer of 10 total fish (best 5 from each day).
Rankings will be tallied and announced at the Day 1 Scoring Party.
Final Rankings and Awards will take place at the Day 2 Award Ceremony.
- Entry Fee: $200 (Pro $175, Big Bass $25), $50 KATS Advantage (optional)
Guaranteed Payouts: *** contingent on full field of 25 anglers ***
Classic Event Payout:
- $3000 for 1st Place
- $1500 for 2nd Place
- $750 for 3rd Place
***one payout at the end of the two day event***
Big Bass Payout:
- $625 for biggest bass during Championship – one winner
Prize Packages(final event):
- 1st Place: Old Town Predator PDL and Predator Kayak Light Kit Blue
- 2nd Place: Helix 7 Chirp DI GPS
- 3rd place: Slim Shady Awning
King of the Fish:
- 1st Place: Feelfree Lure 13.5 with Overdrive and Basic Kayak Kit Green
- 2nd Place: Diablo Amigo with Basic Kayak Green Kit
- 3rd place: Yeti Tundra 45
Big Bass Classic Championship: Helix 5 Chirp GPS
***KATS and ACK reserve the right to change, alter, and cancel any and all KATS events and details at any time***